At Principal, we value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information in compliance with the laws of Malaysia.
Principal will only collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. “process”) your personal information in accordance with such laws (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010), this Privacy Notice and the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with Principal that you may have contracted with.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of personal information we collect and how we collect it
- How we use your personal information
- The parties that we disclose the personal information to
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal information
Your privacy matters to us, so please take the time to get to know our practices and if you need further information, please contact our Call Centre representatives at +60 3 7723 7260.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- “Principal” refers to Principal Asset Management Berhad and all its related companies, as defined in Part I Section 7 of the Companies Act 2016 and jointly controlled companies, providing financial and other regulated services.
- “Personal information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information includes your name, address, occupation, contact details, the details of your account(s), the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) with us. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are an individual.
What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It
In order to enable us to deal with your inquiries, open and operate an account/investment for you and/or to generally provide you with our products and services, we may need to and/or may be required to process personal information and financial information about you, including but not limited to:
- personal information including your images to establish your identity and background;
- personal information to establish your financial standing, creditworthiness and/or suitability for any of our products/services applied for (if required); and/or
- personal information that you provide when you apply for any of our products and services.
We may obtain this information from you and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- through your relationship with us, for example information provided by you in application forms, when using our products or services, when taking part in customer surveys, competitions and promotions, and during financial reviews;
- through your verbal and written communications with us and/or our authorised agents;
- from an analysis of the way you use and manage your account(s)/investment(s) with us, from the transactions you make and from the payments which are made to/from your account(s)/investment(s);
- from third parties connected with you, such as employers, joint account holders, security providers, guarantors and indemnitors, subject to your prior consent; and/or
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted;
- from recordings of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) installed at our premises;
- from the Malaysia Department of Insolvency, other relevant governmental authorities and/or law enforcement agencies to ascertain inter alia your current and past financial standing;
How We Use Your Personal Information
Other than as stated above, we may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to assess your application(s) /request(s) for our products and services;
- to verify your financial standing through credit reference/reporting checks;
- to manage and maintain your account(s) and investment(s) with us, whether by Principal’s officers or by Unit Trust Consultants (“UTC”) or agents designated by Principal to manage and maintain your account(s) and investment(s) with us to better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- to better understand your current and future investment needs and your financial situation;
- to provide you with information on our and/or third party products, services, and offers and/or contests which may be of interest to you and in this respect, to contact you directly or indirectly via SMS, phone, email, fax, mail, websites, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- to improve our products and services and to develop new products and services;
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of products and services;
- to administer offers, competitions and promotions;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- to update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records;
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- to conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us
- to meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on Principal;
- for audit, compliance and risk management purposes;
- to assess financial and insurance risks;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us;
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- to conduct anti-money laundering checks; for crime detection, investigation, prevention and prosecution; to comply with any sanction requirements;
- to enforce and/or defend any of our rights; and/or
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Please be assured that we will ask for your consent before using your personal information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and in the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with Principal.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you and/or your accounts and/or investments with us (as well as with other entities within Principal whether in or outside Malaysia) to the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, affiliates, service providers, business partners, subsidiary(ies), shareholders and its related companies, professional advisers, other banks and/or financial institutions, within or outside Malaysia, where necessary;
- companies and/or organisations (including that but not limited to custodians, trustees, distributors, brokers) that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in providing value added services that you have requested;
- companies and/or organisations that provide services to us in communicating our products and services to you;
- your advisers and/or agents (including but not limited to brokers, accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers or other professional advisers) where authorised by you;
- any other person notified by you as authorised to give instructions or to use the account(s)/investment(s) or products or services on your behalf;
- any third party as a result of any restructuring of facilities granted to you or the sale of debts, or the acquisition or sale of any company by Principal, provided that any recipient uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us;
- any other agents and/or counterparties that we are required to provide such information to by any laws (including any regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) and/or court orders;
- any guarantors or facility or security providers for any investment(s)/facility(ies) granted by us to you;
- any person intending to settle any monies outstanding under the investment(s)/facility(ies) with us;
- any rating agency, insurer or insurance broker or direct or indirect provider of credit protection; and/or
- any person connected to the enforcement or preservation of any of our rights under your agreement(s) with us,
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Principal (whether in or outside Malaysia). The afore-mentioned third parties may in some instances be located outside of Malaysia.
Additionally, Principal, our affiliates and business partners may contact you about products, services and offers, which we believe may be of interest to you or benefit you financially. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information) to our affiliates and business partners where your express prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Principal (whether in or outside Malaysia).
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us and/or from our affiliates and business partners by notifying us at the address/telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail. Please take note that certain communications such as statements of account and our websites contain standard information regarding our other products and services that cannot be removed without affecting the delivery/provision of our services and/or products, the operation of your account(s) and/or investment(s) with us, and/or additional costs to you.
We will otherwise treat your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside the Principal except:
- where you have given permission;
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- where required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over Principal;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations pursuant to our agreement(s) with you; and/or
- where we are requested or required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority (whether in or outside Malaysia).
Security of Your Personal Information
Information is our asset and therefore Principal places great importance on ensuring the security of your personal information. We regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organisational security measures when processing your personal information.
Employees of Principal are trained to handle the personal information securely and with utmost respect, failing which they may be subject to disciplinary action.
Retention Of Your Personal Information
Principal will retain your personal information in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Principal for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect the interests of Principal and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by Principal's relevant policies.
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in application forms or account opening forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our products or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in Principal's possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available at our branches.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that Principal may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Please also note that Principal may use its discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new information to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
You can also assist us to keep your personal information (such as your current mailing address) up to date, as it will enable us to serve you better.
Exercising Choices over the Disclosure, Retention and Use of Your Personal Information
Subject always to our contractual rights and obligations under relevant laws and regulations, you may exercise your choice in respect of the disclosure, retention and use of your personal information. Should you wish to do so, kindly contact us at the address/telephone number/e-mail address given at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Revisions to Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on Principal's website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by Principal.
Contacting Principal About Your Privacy And How We Handle Your Personal Information
Should you have any query in relation to this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal information, kindly contact Head of Customer Care Centre at the following contact points:
|Address||50, 52 & 54, Jalan SS21/39
47400 Petaling Jaya