Client Relations and Services
With a diversified institutional clientele base covering pension houses, financial & educational institutions, foundations and endowments, insurance providers, governments, corporations and other third party asset managers globally, our Corporate and Institutional Sales team provides:
- Dedicated client servicing at institutional level
- Assigned Client Relations Manager to handle your account
- Periodical performance review together with the Portfolio Manager
- Efficient and prompt reporting of your investment portfolio prepared by a dedicated Institutional Operations team on:
- Portfolio Valuation Report
- Income Statement
- Trade Confirmation
For our institutional client’s needs and satisfaction, we have upgraded our reporting system and invested in pioneering technology to ensure our client servicing and reporting is top notch at regional standards.
Principal Asset Management Berhad is the first asset management house in Malaysia to adopt the OMGEO trade online matching system for greater efficiency with speed and accuracy to meet our institutional clients’ needs the world over.
Key Strengths and Competitive Advantage
- One of the largest Asset Management companies in the ASEAN region enabling us to get better pricing and size.
- On the ground knowledge. Regionally integrated team of 53 investment professionals in Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore and Jakarta.
- Serving institutional and retail investors since 1995, our institutional clients are mainly central banks, pension funds, insurance companies and third party asset managers.
We adopt a focused stock selection process overlaid with a disciplined investment philosophy:
- Alpha Generation: A top-down approach coupled with bottom-up stock selection, as the most reliable and repeatable source of outperformance.
- Research Integration: Our on-the-ground presence, integrated quantitative and qualitative research is the key to superior stock selection.
- On-ground regional presence provides insight
- Regional market research platform provides breadth
- Systematic fundamental research process provides discipline
- Alpha Preservation: We believe disciplined portfolio construction combined with a systematic in-depth review process is the key to consistent performance over time
Ability to leverage on both Principal Financial Group and CIMB Group (talent, network, research, risk management, credit, price intelligence and allocation).
Comprehensive system infrastructure:
- Investment: Charles River, Capital IQ
- Portfolio Analytics: FactSet, APT
- Fund Accounting & Operations: PAM, Cognos, Omgeo, Swift